Who we are
- Kids Ark Foundation is a registered non-profit organization with no religious or political affiliations.
- Kids Ark Foundation is committed to help disadvantaged children whose lives have been affected by poverty.
- Kids Ark’s work is carried out in northwest Thailand.
- The foundation has grown over the years and now serves over 500 children.
“All children should have the opportunity to grow up in safe and nurturing surroundings. Our goal is to optimize their health, increase their educational options and empower them with knowledge for the future.” Rita Holm Gustafsson, Co-founder of Kids Ark Foundation.
Children are our primary focus. We aim to support their all round development in their family environment and fulfill their basic human rights:
- a right to education
- a right to health
- a right to grow up in a safe environment
In particular we work to break the cycle of poverty for marginalized and at risk Thai and ethnic minority children and their families in northwest Thailand.
Our second focus is empowering vulnerable village women, some of whom are HIV-positive, by supporting them in safe means of making a living.
Through our House of Hope programmes, child sponsorship, and livelihoods for women we:
- support children and young people with education and professional training and help them integrate into mainstream Thai society
- provide safe spaces where they can optimize their physical, psychological and social development
- provide sustainable income-generation for groups of village women